Home

Be advised: Uninstall Quicktime ASAP

There are security flaws and bugs everywhere and we all love to blame someone: either the tech company or our innocent IT personnel. But it would look super dumb if you were the cause of your own misfortune. Recently Apple discontinued support for their app on Windows – namely QuickTime. If you were wondering what QuickTime was, then you’re probably safe – you should read on though, you might learn a thing or two; but if you do know what it is and you still have it installed on your computer, please for you own good and safety uninstall it. For the sake of learning, in one word, QuickTime is a multimedia app for Windows developed by Apple. If you were also wondering why discontinued support for an app endangers you; lemme give you a little insight into app development and support.

When an app is developed and released into the public, the onus is on the developer to provide support – ranging from answer questions to releasing updates. The same thing happened with Windows XP when Microsoft announced that they would not be providing support as from last year. Now, when an app loses the support of the developers, the app tends to do more harm than good. How? lemme explain:

When a security flaw is detected, the developers quickly get off their asses and find a way to patch it else, their customers could be open to attacks ranging from some creep spying on you through your webcam to a broke or not so broke Hacker emptying your bank account depending on how wide a hole it is.

Now with this in mind, the choice is yours: Do you choose to uninstall or do you trust your Antivirus that much? I know I don’t (nor hard feeling Avast ). Looking on the bright side, there are multiple alternatives you could try out:

*.Kodak player

*.VLC

*.Windows’ own media player… The list is practically endless. Just don’t stick to quicktime, no matter how much you love it(though I’d wonder why).

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi everybody I want you guys to help me thank mr ojie for helping me upgrade my waec result I scored e8 in English and D7 in maths and some of my main subject I didn’t score well am a science student but when my friend told me that he upgraded his result I thought he was lying until he introduced me to the man by giving me his number which he got from the net so when I called him he told me the process that am going to pass through so I comply with him and my result was upgraded perfectly now I can go any where with it so if u need any help in upgrading yours just call this number(09052014269) and u will wish you had my number to send me thank you u message

Unknown said...

Hi everybody I want you guys to help me thank mr ojie for helping me upgrade my waec result I scored e8 in English and D7 in maths and some of my main subject I didn’t score well am a science student but when my friend told me that he upgraded his result I thought he was lying until he introduced me to the man by giving me his number which he got from the net so when I called him he told me the process that am going to pass through so I comply with him and my result was upgraded perfectly now I can go any where with it so if u need any help in upgrading yours just call this number(09052014269) and u will wish you had my number to send me thank you u message

Unknown said...

My waec withheld result has just been released with the help of Mr Hosea ‘ I saw a comment about him on the internet on how he has been helping many student upgrading and releasing their held result ‘I decided to call him’ already I have already gotten admission and I was using awaiting result and they are asking me about it ,and I don’t no when waec will release result so I contacted Mr Hosea and he told me to send all my exam details which I did and I did all what he ask me to do because I don’t no were to put my hope on and I have held so many time about him suprisngly he called me to go and check my result yesterday and I did , I checked the result and it was released he didn’t only release it he make sure I didn’t fail any subject
If you need the same help you can call Mr Hosea on 08084199671 because I don’t want you people to fall into the wrong hands

Post a Comment