Home

Ntel starts number reservation, but it is tough going

Ntel has started a number reservation campaign similar to what Etisalat did years ago. The idea is that prospective subscribers are able to to pick and reserve up to 5 numbers of their choice. The campaign started yesterday 8th and will end 8th of April, 2016. I excitedly ran to www.ntel.com.ng to reserve a number, but I couldn’t get me one.

How did Ntel number reservation go forme?

First up, Ntel collects your personal details via a form before you get to pick a number. There are two options to picking a number: you let them generate a random number for you, or you type out the number(s) you want to find an available one. Sadly, both options repeatedly returned the message “Number NOT Available”. All the random numbers that Ntel’s website generated for me were unavailable. I would expect that the random generator only suggests numbers that are available.

All the numbers I typed out too were unavailable – and I tried every possibility under the sun. Okay; not every one, but you get the gist.

But maybe it is just me. If you want a special Ntel line when the network launches, please hurry and go reserve one right away. I will wait till the SIM packs are available and take any number I get then. It is the quality of service that I am ultimately interested in anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment